top of page
🏦 Head Office | 💼 Full Time | ⌚ Posted May 20, 2021
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Application Specialist is responsible for the testing, training and implementation of all applications the credit union may invest in.
- Conducts analysis and documenting user requirement specification for application software.
- Consult with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolves issues of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Liaise with software providers to ensure changes requests are communicated in a timely manner; and that same is corrected accordingly or an alternative is received.
- Assists in the preparation, facilitation and delivery of appropriate training in the use of application systems.
- Produces user guides/help documentation for applications developed.
- Collaborate with various Managers and other IT personnel to improve existing processes, increase automation and meet strategic goals.
- Support daily operations and monitoring of multiple databases, user accounts, file permissions and other systems according to standard operating procedures.
- Adheres to IT policies and operational procedures.
- Assists in the review and make recommendations for changes to IT policies and operations.
- Identify and recommends capacity development opportunities for professional growth;
- Prepares and submits performance and other reports as required.
- Support and maintenance of the core banking applications
- Perform core banking system configuration, parameterization, version upgrades and maintenance
- Assist with ongoing I.T. projects
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications
- Troubleshooting a complex transactional application system based on MS SQL
- Investigate problems and other requests regarding core banking platform and recommend appropriate actions to be taken.
- Design, implement and maintain functional reports in MS Access (Relativity), Reporting Services
- Monitor’s production system notifications and act accordingly to resolve urgent problems
- Experience working with relational databases to include MSQL & MySQL;
- Experience with using Systems Documentation Tools;
- Assists in system analysis and requirements specification documentation;
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written;
- Experience working with Credit Union banking platforms
- Experience in identifying security threats using establish tools and methods
Nice to have
Associate Degree in Management Information Systems;
Microsoft Certified Professional
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- At least five (5) years’ experience working with enterprise applications
⏳ Deadline: Jun 4, 2021
bottom of page