Applications & Data Specialist
🏦 Head Office | 💼 Full Time | ⌚ Posted Feb 5, 2021
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Applications & Data Specialist is responsible for the testing, training and implementation of all applications the credit union may invest in. Additionally, the Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance of the applications use by the Credit Union to the Data Protection Act.
1. Conducts analysis and documenting user requirement specification for application software.
2. Consult with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolves issues of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
3. Liaise with software providers to ensure changes requests are communicated in a timely manner; and that same is corrected accordingly or an alternative is received.
4. Assists in the preparation, facilitation and delivery of appropriate training in the use of application systems.
5. Produces user guides/help documentation for applications developed.
6. Collaborate with various Managers and other IT personnel to improve existing processes, increase automation and meet strategic goals.
7. Support daily operations and monitoring of multiple databases, user accounts, file permissions and other systems according to standard operating procedures.
8. Adheres to IT policies and operational procedures.
9. Assists in the review and make recommendations for changes to IT policies and operations.
10. Identify and recommends capacity development opportunities for professional growth;
11. Prepares and submits performance and other reports as required.
12. Continued review of users access levels to ensure compliance
13. Configure user “EMAIL” settings to meet the requirements of the data protection act in all applicable jurisdiction.
14. Continuous monitoring of all ITC systems, to identify and fix vulnerabilities that may arise from upgrades or updates and also to conduct frequent audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively.
15. Support and maintenance of the core banking applications
16. Perform core banking system configuration, parameterization, version upgrades and maintenance
17. Support the ongoing projects
18. Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications
19. Participate in the process of integrating and releasing new application/software functionality, ensuring all service acceptance and operational deliverables have been successfully developed and agreed prior to handover, through the formal change management processes
20. Troubleshooting a complex transactional application system based on MS SQL
21. Investigate problems and other requests regarding core banking platform and determine appropriate actions to take
22. Design, implement and maintain functional reports in MS Access (Relativity), Reporting Services
23. Manage requests for IT application/system access, ensuring full compliance to agreed security policies and procedures
24. Monitors production system notifications and act accordingly to resolve urgent problems
1) Educating the company and employees on important data compliance requirements.
2) Training staff involved in data processing.
3) Conducting system audits to ensure data compliance and address potential issues proactively.
4) Monitoring performance and providing advice on the impact of data protection efforts.
5) Monitoring, in an independent manner, Gateway’s compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- Associate Degree in Management Information Systems or Network Security;
- Certified Information System Auditor
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- At least five (5) years’ experience working with enterprise applications
Nice to have
- Experience working with relational databases to include MSQL & MySQL;
- Experience with using Systems Documentation Tools;
- Assists in system analysis and requirements specification documentation;
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written;
- Experience working with Credit Union banking platforms.
- Experience in identifying security threats using establish tools and methods.
- Experience in IT system audits.
⏳ Deadline: Feb 19, 2021